DA VINCI CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. AGREEMENT: No purchase is necessary to enter the contest. The act of entering the contest constitutes acceptance of the Contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of the contest judges. Void where prohibited by Law. LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PER DAY.
2. TITLE SPONSOR: Ron Wallace Enterprises, Inc. and its divisions: Music Discovery Network, Creative Musicians Coalition, Artistic Outlet, Da Vinci Outlet, and CreativeCenters.com.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are three parts to the DA VINCI CONTEST 1) Find, decipher and explain six codes in the provided rendition of the Da Vinci Self-Portrait, 2) Write about a Da Vinci-like invention concept. The combination of both determines the Grand and Place prizes, with a separate prize for the Best Invention overall. 3) Complete the name and address portion of the entry form, with or without codes, deciphers, explanations and invention concept. One prize is randomly picked daily from all entries on that day.
Part 1) Enter by finding the six codes located within Da Vinci Self-Portrait rendition as posted on the www.DaVinciContest.com web site, downloaded and printed from the web site, on the official entry forms as distributed by retailers or through the mail, or on posters, pictures, billboards, T-shirts, promotional products, or any other means specifically authorized by the Title Sponsor for distribution. Discover the six codes, and decipher and explain each using various code-deciphering skills.
Part 2) Enter by writing about, in 100 words or less, "If you were Leonardo Da Vinci and alive today, what would you invent and why?" The invention is a concept, an idea, and does not have to be one that can actually be made using present technologies. It's your creative dream, whether it can or can not presently be made. Winners will be based on creativity, innovation and usefulness.
Part 3) Enter by completing the name and address portion of the application.
THREE WAYS TO ENTER
ONLINE - Access the DA VINCI CONTEST home page on the World Wide Web at http://www.DaVinciContest.com, and select "Enter Contest." Follow the on-screen instructions to enter the contest, answer the contest questions, and include your first name, last name, street address (no P. O. Box addresses), city, state, zip code, day time phone and e-mail address; agree to these rules and regulations and press submit. You may only enter once per day.
MAIL - Mail the OFFICIAL DA VINCI CONTEST entry form (downloadable at http://www.DaVinciContest.com, available at selected retail locations, or by the mail by sending a request and a self-addressed, postage paid envelope to, Ron Wallace Enterprises, Inc., PO Box 6205, Peoria, IL 61601-6205) including your codes/deciphers/explanations and/or invention concept to Ron Wallace Enterprises, Inc., PO Box 6205, Peoria, IL 61601-6205. The OFFICIAL form must include your first name, last name, street address (no P. O. Box addresses), city, state, zip code, day time phone number, and e-mail address, if you have one. No mechanically reproduced entries, other than the exact and specific downloadable form from www.DaVinciContest.com web site will be accepted.
DAILY ONLINE CONTEST - Access the DA VINCI CONTEST home page on the World Wide Web at http://www.DaVinciContest.com, and select "Enter Contest." Include your first name, last name, street address (no P. O. Box addresses), city, state, zip code, day time phone and e-mail address; agree to these rules and regulations and press submit. It is not necessary to answer any other questions to be eligible to enter the daily prize. The daily prize option is fulfilled when entering the contest in any other manner, mail or online. You may only enter once per day.
4. QUALIFYING ENTRIES: All entries received including the highest number of successfully located and successfully solved and successfully explained codes, and who offer their invention, between 12:01 a.m. ET on May 01, 2006 and 11:59 p.m. ET on October 31, 2006, and complete and submit or mail the OFFICIAL online or printed entry form are entered and are considered qualified for the Grand Prize and Place Prizes. For example, the highest number of correct answers is 18 but if there are 20 entries with a maximum of 15 correct answers, then there are 20 qualifiers. All entries with less than 15 correct names, are not qualified, unless additional qualifiers are needed to award additional prizes.
To be qualified and elegible to win the Grand or any Place prize, the entry must include at least one located code. Entries without at least one code are eligible for the Daily Prize, but not eligible for the Grand or any Place Prize.
Although one may be qualified without including an invention concept, the invention concept is used as the tie-breaker to determine the winners when there are multiple qualifiers at the same level. For example, if there is only one entry with 18 correct answers, that entry is a qualified winner, with or without an invention concept. But, if there are two entries with 18 correct answers, the one with the best invention concept, as voted by our judges, is the higher level winner of the two.
If there are more prizes to be awarded than there are qualifiers at the highest correct answer level, additional entries will be qualified, based on the next highest number of correct answers, for as many lower level prizes as are deemed necessary. The invention concept is used as the tie-breaker to determine winners when there are multiple qualifiers at the same level.
Additionally, all entries including the invention concept, with or without any codes or deciphers or explanations are qualified for the Best Invention Prize, as voted by our judges.
Additionally, all entries, for an individual and specific day, with or without code/decipher/explanation answers and/or invention concepts, but including the full name and address information are qualified for the Daily Prize. One prize is awarded daily, picked randomly from all of the qualifying entries for that day.
No mechanically reproduced entries, other than the exact and specific downloadable form from www.DaVinciContest.com web site, will be accepted. The mailing address and deadline are stated on the OFFICIAL printed and downloadable forms and must be strictly followed. No purchase, entry fee, or payment is necessary to enter the Contest. LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PER DAY. Illegible entries will not be accepted. We are not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, illegible, stolen, postage due, incomplete or misdirected entries. For Online Entries, for purposes of these rules, "receipt" of an electronic entry occurs when our servers record the entry information upon clicking the "submit" (or similar) button. In the event of a dispute as to the entries by the same person, whether using one or more e-mail accounts or computers, will not be accepted and may result in disqualification of all entries. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of such automated devices will result in disqualification. Entries are limited to individuals only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. Incomplete name/address entries will be voided. All entries become the property of the Title Sponsor and will not be returned.
Code/decipher/explanation misspellings, typos, incomplete answers and solutions and other errors are taken into consideration. If there is any question, the judges will have the last say.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to all legal residents of the UNITED STATES who are over the age of 18 on May 01, 2006. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of the Title Sponsor and, its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their immediate family members, and persons living in their household are not eligible to enter this contest.
6. WINNERS: Grand Prize, Place Prizes and Best Invention winners will be chosen on, before or about November 10, 2006 from all qualifying entries received by the Title Sponsor. The contest will be judged by the Title Sponsor's staff based on the number of correct codes/deciphers/explanations and the creativity, innovation and usefulness of the invention concept, either now or in the future. Daily Prize winners are chosen randomly from all qualifying entries on that day. Winners will be notified by mail or email, and the winners will be required to sign and return affidavit(s) of eligibility and release of liability within 14 days of notification. A noncompliance within that time period or the return of any notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner. In the event of any other noncompliance with rules and conditions, prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. Taxes, if any, are the winner's sole responsibility. TITLE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SUBSTITUTE PRIZES OF EQUAL OR GREATER VALUE IF PRIZES, AS PUBLISHED, BECOME UNAVAILABLE.
7. PRIZES: One Grand Prize, One Best Invention Prize, 30 Place Prizes, and numerous Daily Prizes will be awarded. In the event there is no qualifying entries on any specific date or dates for the Daily Prize, that or those Daily Prize/s will not be awarded. One Daily Prize per person. One Grand, Place or Invention prize per person. The complete prize list is published online at www.DaVinciContest or send a request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Ron Wallace Enterprises, Inc., PO Box 6205, Peoria, IL 61601-6205.
8. ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS: Neither the Title Sponsor nor their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or divisions, nor representatives and associates nor their promotion and fulfillment agencies nor general sponsors shall have any obligation or responsibility whatsoever with regard to (i) entries that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with these rules, (ii) entries, prize claims, or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged, or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer or technical error of any kind, (iii) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties, (iv) any damages or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or (v) any uncontrollable problems which may arise from bugs, scrambled transmissions, viruses or failure in the server, hardware or software, or any combination thereof, transmission failure or lost, delayed or corrupted data transmitted by participant, or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, or electronic.
Furthermore; by participating, winners agree that the Title Sponsor, its parent company, assigns, subsidiaries or affiliates, and advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies and general sponsors will have no liability whatsoever, and will be held harmless by winner (and winner's parent/legal guardian) for any liability for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind to person, including death, and property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse, or use of the prizes, or participation in this contest. By entering the contest, the winners consent to the use of the winner's name, likeness, and biographical data for publicity and promotional purposes on behalf of the Title Sponsor with no additional compensation or further permission (except where prohibited by law).
9. MISCELLANEOUS: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Ron Wallace Enterprises, Inc., PO Box 6205, Peoria, IL 61601-6205 after November 10, 2006. Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations; void where prohibited or restricted by law.
10. OTHER: All personal information collected by the Title Sponsor will be used for the purposes of administering the contest only. All decisions of the contest judges are final. The contest is governed by the laws of the State of Illinois. Title Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Web site or contest or otherwise violating these rules. Title Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or modify the Contest if the Contest cannot be completed as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, or technical failures of any sort. All prizes must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable and are not convertible to cash. Title Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw the Contest offer, cancel any method of entry, and select winners for prizes by judging from all eligible entries received prior to the withdrawal.
Why is Leonardo Sad?